Saturday, March 8, 2014

"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is The Lord who judges me." 1Corinthians 4:4

As I read this verse it reminded me that even when we think we are okay, we may still be doing something displeasing to God, something that grieves his heart. Over the course of our lives we have been gradually desensitized to sin. It's all around us. We see it on tv, in movies, hear it on the radio, read it in books, etc. It's always packaged in an easy to swallow pill. And the more we are exposed to it, the more likely we are to think sin is okay. I mean, everybody does it, right? Yes, we all fall short when it comes to the standard of holiness God requires. That is why we needed a savior. But any time we sin we should be grieved by it. We should seek forgiveness. Sin should break our heart. In order for us to feel that way, we have to spend time in God's word. We  have to know his heart and his character. Otherwise our perception of sin is based on a worlds view rather than on God's view. Our conscience is altered as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment