Saturday, November 9, 2013

Today has been a very good day. My husband and I went to the Folk Festival and we got to hear some pretty amazing singers and musicians. I truly enjoyed it. There's just something about good harmony and exceptional music that makes me smile.

Over the years I've been blessed to sing with some pretty amazing voices. Usually much better voices than my own, but voices that I could blend well with. I love that moment when you hit the harmony part and it just sounds so sweet....it can give me chills when it's just right because you know that this is something special. Well, today I listened to several groups with really amazing harmonies. My ears were in heaven! The blend of their voices had that something special that I want to hear when I'm listening to singers. Alone they were great. Together they were even better. I honestly felt all mushy inside.

Thank you, God for giving me ears to hear that beautiful music. Let me never take it for granted.

Okay, so all that being said, I got to thinking about harmony in another sense. Living in harmony. Being united as brothers and sisters in Christ. So many times I've seen Christians attacking one another and I felt a bit embarrassed by it. I mean, the world outside is looking at how we behave and when we attack one another it's definitely not a good thing. Have you ever heard that saying, "You may be the only Jesus they ever see?" It's true. When we do something the world perceives as bad for a Christian to do, they automatically get this bad taste in their mouth about Jesus. He doesn't deserve the bad rap. We do. But the two are intertwined in their eyes. As I thought about that statement I made earlier, "Alone they were great. Together they were even better," I realized that when we are in unity, working together in living out the gospel and sharing it to a lost and dying world, we can accomplish so much more. The love we are shining through will be witnessed by those around us and make a much bigger impact on them. It will portray a Jesus they would like to know. And shouldn't that be our primary focus?

No comments:

Post a Comment