Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Your Love Never Fails


As I was listening to this song I was reminded that no matter what happens in this life, God's love never fails. It endures forever. We cannot escape His love. We cannot mess up so much that we lose His love. His love is there even in the midst of our most trying storm. And He's bridged the gap between Him and us by sending His precious son, Jesus to die on a cross for us. If that isn't love, then I don't know what is. I mean, we were God's enemies and still Jesus chose to go to the cross. For us...ENEMIES OF GOD. Do you realize how unheard of that is? Romans 5:7-8 tells us:

"Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Isn't that an incredible example of unconditional love? He didn't wait for us to clean up our act. He certainly didn't think that we would ever be perfect in our own strength. And this is probably the most amazing thing to me. For a lot of years I felt that God could never love me because of my imperfections. Even now I still mess up. And I feel so bad about it. Well, the enemy immediately tries to play on that guilt feeling. And then I get this gentle reminder that, no matter how many times I mess up, Jesus' blood was enough. My sins have been forgiven. Past, present and future. And I marvel at the fact that Jesus totally understands whatever I am going through, and has made provision for me to come boldly to the throne of grace. Hebrews 4:15-16 says:

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I don't know about you, but I am pleased to know that nothing I did or can do saved me, and nothing I can do can separate me from His love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment