Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Last night my husband, grandson and myself went to a benefit for Rion Paige that was being held at The Comedy Club. For those who don't know who she is, she is a singer from Jacksonville who is on the the XFactor. She has been chosen as one of the top 4 girl singers and will be competing in the live auditions, which begin October 29th. She has what some would consider a handicap. But when you see her up there singing, your focus is not on that. She has an amazing voice and a very infectious personality. She also has a heart to help others like herself. I admire that. My grandson, who wasn't real thrilled about missing karate, was fascinated with her the moment she opened her mouth to sing. He quickly became a fan. And he was insistent on meeting her when she went out for a meet and greet. He was excited to get his picture taken with her. If you haven't heard her, check out this video. Even if you aren't a country music lover, I'm sure you can recognize talent when you see it. Or should I say, "when you hear it?"




No comments:

Post a Comment